The Junior League is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
We’re now recruiting members for our 2018/2019 New Member Class! Attend one of our new member recruitment events or email email@example.com to learn more.
Download the 2018-2019 New Member form here.
2018 New Member Recruitment Events for the Junior League of Evanston-North Shore
NOTE: No registration required.
October 2018 – Sip and Shop at the Junior League Thrift House
Sip n Shop at the Junior League Thrift House
(920 Chicago Ave, Evanston IL)
Thursday, October 11 – 6pm-8pm
Thrift House Sip n Shop on October 11th, 6pm-8pm. Come have a glass of wine while you peruse the fabulous merchandise at our Junior League Thrift House in Evanston. While you’re there, join our first New Member Meeting and get to know the ladies who will be planning a fabulous baby shower for deserving new mothers this spring. We are very proud of our Thrift House as it has been a great source of revenue for the Junior League funding a lot of our great community projects. We hope to see you there and you can always bring your new member enrollment form there as well. During the first New Member meeting you will get a chance to ask lots of questions and learn a lot about the league.
November 2018 – November Networking at the Winnetka Community House
More details available soon.
JLE-NS provides women a unique forum to develop personally and professionally while making a difference to individual lives and transforming communities.
The Junior League of Evanston-North Shore welcomes all women who are committed to making a difference in the community – and want to have fun doing so. Our membership is composed of a wonderful variety of North Shore women – we are single and married, full-time professionals and stay-at-home moms, recent college graduates and retirees. However, we all have one thing in common: we are women with a desire to volunteer and make a difference.
The Junior League is a rich, well-rounded volunteer experience. As a member you can:
* Make Connections – meet other dynamic, talented, dedicated, and fun North Shore women
* Have an Impact – Improve the lives of women, children and families in-need across the North Shore communities
* Find Flexibility – Have the opportunity to create a volunteer experience that works with your schedule and lifestyle.
* Invest in Yourself – Utilize your professional experience or explore new skills to develop new talents
Your New Member Year
New Members are encouraged to jump in and get involved. As a New Member, you will collaborate with other New Members on a community impact project. This incredibly rewarding experience will help you forge friendships and build the foundation for your JLE-NS experience. In addition, new members are required to:
* Attend monthly New Member meetings
* Attend General Membership Meetings
* Volunteer at the Thrift House, our resale shop in Evanston
Throughout the year, there are numerous opportunities for New Members to actively participate in all the JLE-NS community impact projects, fundraisers, and social events. Annual dues for new members are $133.
How can I learn more?
* Take a moment to peruse our website or check out our Annual Report see all of the amazing work Junior League members have accomplished
* Contact us with your questions and inquiries. You can email the JLE-NS office or call us at 847-441-0995.